At Solent, we aim to design a curriculum that will inspire, motivate and engage children and foster an understanding and love of learning. It will encourage learners to be self-motivated and able to reflect on their own learning in order to improve. A consistent common language for learning will be developed across the school community to support this. Meaningful links will be made between subjects and opportunities given to use, apply and transfer core skills between tasks. Through assessment for learning, the children will be given the tools to help them identify how to improve and this will encourage a greater independence and responsibility for their own progress.
Solent Junior’s creative curriculum aims to:
- Equip the children with the knowledge skills & values they need to function locally, nationally & globally
- Provide a broad and balanced curriculum that meets the needs of all pupils to enable them to achieve their full potential and make progress in their learning.
- Promote the importance of spoken language in pupils’ development – linguistically, cognitively and socially.
- Promote high standards and embed key skills of literacy and numeracy.
- Provide opportunities to apply knowledge and learning in practical ways.
- Make learning more meaningful, by putting it into context
- Listen to pupil voice and involve pupils in planning and decision making.
- Provide a creative approach to planning and delivery that will incorporate and embed key aspects of the National Curriculum
- Provide enrichment opportunities where learning and teaching can take place beyond the classroom.
- Promote pupils’ good behaviour and safety and their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and encourage children to become more active citizens within the school community and beyond.
2,908 total views, 2 views today